The Coffs Coast Eco Green Directory
Showing 2 Categories
Do you like the Eco Green Directory in The Coffs Coast?
The Coffs Coast region in New South Wales, Australia is blessed with a diverse range of businesses that are making significant contributions towards eco-friendly practices. In today's world, where the environment is in peril due to human activities, these businesses are showing us that it is possible to thrive while practicing sustainable measures. Let's take a look at some of the businesses that are contributing towards creating a greener future for us all.
1. Southern Cross University: The University is taking significant measures towards sustainability by reducing its carbon footprint. The Carbon Management Plan 2015-2020 outlines the university's commitment towards reducing carbon emissions by 30% by 2020. Their sustainable practices include the use of renewable energy, water conservation, and recycling initiatives. The University also has a Sustainability Office, which is responsible for creating awareness and providing guidance towards sustainable practices.
2. Bellingen Brewery: Bellingen Brewery is an award-winning microbrewery that is committed to reducing its environmental impact. They have installed solar panels on the roof of their brewery, which provides up to 50% of the energy required to run the business. They also recycle their wastewater and spent grain by using it to irrigate their hops gardens. Their commitment towards sustainability has earned them the Green Globe certification for sustainable tourism.
3. Karangi Fruit and Vegetable: Karangi Fruit and Vegetable is a local produce store that is committed to promoting a healthy lifestyle and sustainability. They source their produce directly from local farmers who practice organic and sustainable farming methods. They also offer a large range of bulk wholefoods to reduce packaging waste. By supporting local farmers, they also contribute towards reducing the carbon footprint associated with transporting produce from faraway places.
4. Banana Coast Caravan Park: Banana Coast Caravan Park is a family-owned business that has won numerous awards for its commitment to eco-friendly practices. Their sustainability initiatives include solar panels to provide hot water, a recycling program for guests, cloth towel dispensers in the amenity blocks, and energy-efficient lighting throughout the park. They also have a no-smoking policy to reduce the use of harmful chemicals in the environment.
5. Urunga Sea Cottages: Urunga Sea Cottages is a luxury accommodation provider that has won several awards for its eco-friendly practices. Their sustainability initiatives include solar power, rainwater harvesting, organic toiletries, and eco-cleaning products. They also have a Green Cleaning Policy, which helps them reduce their environmental impact by using non-toxic and biodegradable cleaning products.
6. Greenhouse Tavern: Greenhouse Tavern is a sustainable pub that has won several awards for its efforts to promote sustainability. Their sustainability initiatives include sourcing ingredients from growers who practice sustainable farming methods, using energy-efficient appliances, and composting their food waste. They also have a solar-powered beer garden that provides up to 50% of the energy required to run the garden's appliances.
7. Coffs Harbour Butterfly House: The Coffs Harbour Butterfly House is an eco-friendly attraction that is committed to environmental sustainability. Their sustainability initiatives include using natural pest control methods to protect the butterflies, planting native plants, and recycling all the waste generated by the business. They also have an educational program that teaches visitors about the importance of protecting the environment.
the businesses in the Coffs Coast region of New South Wales have shown that it is possible to thrive while practicing sustainable measures. By reducing their carbon footprint, promoting sustainable practices, and using renewable energy, these businesses are contributing towards creating a greener future for us all. Whether it is a microbrewery, a local produce store, or a luxury accommodation provider, these businesses are leading the way towards a more sustainable future. For more information, please contact each business directly.
The Coffs Coast Eco Green Articles